Sunday, June 8, 2014

Yogo-berry smoothie

Today when I woke up it was such a sunny day that I decided that I was going to be productive! And what better way to start of a productive day then having a (mostly) healthy and awesome tasting breakfast out on our porch! And one of my favorite summer-y breakfast food/drink is a smoothie! But since my mom is in America I found out that we don't have half of the things for are normal smoothie because have been lacking in shopping trips the last week and a half. So me and Rebecca decided to experiment a little. And in the end we got are new favorite smoothie. I present to you the Yogo-berry smoothie!

Here is what we came up with:
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • around 15 frozen strawberries 
  • 1/2 cup of ice 
  • 1/2 of any yogurt of your choose ( We doubled this recipe and did 1/2 cup of strawberry yogurt and 1/2 cup of blue-berry for extra flavor) 
  • 1 tsp of ice-cream (we used vanilla but strawberry works to) If you don't care about keeping this smoothie super healthy I would be a little bit more generous with the ice cream, maybe 2 tsp! 
Mix all of these thing together in a blender for like 2 minutes and viola! Now you have a cool, healthy and tasty drink that you can enjoy while sitting on your porch! It is definitely one if my new favorite smoothies for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment